Frequently Asked Questions
What tutor checks does the agency do?
Every tutor that is registered with Rachael Willcox Tutoring has undergone the following checks:
- Right to work in the UK (NI number, passport)
- Identity checking using a photographic ID
- Academic qualifications seen as all of our tutors hold the Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and at least one university degree
- Disclosure and Barring Service (enhanced) to ensure the tutor can work with children. The DBS has replaced the CRB and ISA
- Two written references are obtained from professional sources
What kind of people are your tutors?
All of our tutors are qualified teachers.
Some of our tutors still work in schools.
Some of our tutors qualified as teachers but now work in other professional fields whilst providing tuition in the evening.
We do not register unqualified teachers, students who are still at school or on undergraduate university courses.
How much does tuition cost?
At Rachael Willcox Tutoring, each tutor is self-employed but will charge a set fee in line with the agency.
From June 2017 this is as follows:
- Primary: £25 per hour
- 11+ preparation: £27 per hour
- Lower Secondary (11-14 years): £27 per hour
- GCSE: £30 per hour
- AS/A Level: £35 per hour
- Audition preparation £27 per hour
- Flute £13 per 30 minutes
- Singing £12.50 per 30 minutes
- Piano (beginner up to grade 2) £12.50 per 30 minutes
- Music Theory £25 per hour
If a tutor is travelling to the student after school, he/she may charge a petrol fee. This is usually between £1 and £4 depending on the distance and the time taken to drive in rush hour traffic. To minimise travelling times and expense, we try to match the best qualified and nearest tutor to meet your needs.
Do I have to book a course of lessons?
The amount of tuition, frequency and time of lessons is agreed with the tutor and can be changed.
Usually this is one hour a week but can be altered if needed.
How is the tutor and Agency paid?
The client pays the tutor direct, usually by cash or cheque, although some tutors offer BACs transfer.
The tutor then pays the Agency a portion of the tuition fee (not including petrol) in order to cover administration and advertising costs.
The client does not pay the Agency direct.
If you have any further questions or you would like to book a session, please feel free to contact us here. Alternatively, you can call us on 01245 440 610/ 07983 859 295 or email email@example.com.